ACTION ALERT!! Global Warming Activists…2 quick requests
1) Public comments still being taken on the Cliffside Coal Plant
Send your comments ASAP to the NC Utilities Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Cliffside will be a global warming machine emitting over 11 million tons of carbon dioxide into the air annually.
* Duke Energy hopes to have Cliffside exempted from any future carbon regulation by the federal government, but that is not a sure thing.
* Even though the price of Cliffside has jumped from $2 billion to close to $4 billion Duke still has not considered energy efficiency or renewable energy as a less expensive option for ratepayers.
NC Utilities Commission studies have shown that a blend of energy efficiency and renewable energy can substantially reduce the need for more power plants.
2) Send a letter to the Charlotte Observer.
We need EVERYONE to email a letter about Cliffside to email@example.com. Letters should be limited to 150 words and refer to an article in the paper. Use one of the article links below to frame your response.
* Duke Energy’s rush to build Cliffside contradicts Duke CEO Jim Rogers’ public statements about the urgent need to reduce global warming emissions.
* Cliffside is one of more than 150 coal plants in the
* If Cliffside and all the other 150+ coal plants get built, the US Dept. of Energy predicts that CO2 emissions from coal plants will increase 50% by 2030, from 1.97 billion metric tons in 2006 to 2.93 billion metric tons.
Charlotte Observer story links:
For more information, www.clean-air-coalition.org
Keywords:: CLIFFSIDE DUKE ENERGY COAL COAL-FIRED POWER PLANTS GLOBAL WARMING CLIMATE CHANGE EMISSIONS NORTH CAROLINA CCAC CLEAN AIR COALITION AIR POLLUTION ACTIVISTS ENVIRONMENTAL ACTIVISM