Friday, October 14, 2005

YUMMY EASY WHOLE WHEAT BISCUITS

I don't know how to make good white-flour biscuits. But this recipe for whole-wheat biscuits is so good. They taste sort of nutty. I made some two nights ago, and today I'm still eating them cold right out of the frige.

Stir together:
2 cup whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt or no salt

Add:
1/3 cup oil (we use canola or olive)
2/3 cup milk (we use soy milk)

Stir until everything is evenly moist. Squeeze the batter 6 or 7 times. Okay, knead it. Pinch off roughly-shaped pieces the size of ping-pong balls and place them on a baking tray 1 inch apart, at least. Bake at 425 degrees until the peaks get dark brown, about 15 minutes. Makes about 12 biscuits. As much as I love white biscuits, these are better, and a whole lot easier to make.

1 comment:

Bonkeryboobles said...

I just pulled these out of the oven and must tell you - they are divine! I used Almond Milk and Olive Oil and they turned out amaaaaaazing! Thanks for the recipe!